Afghan Man Charged in Texas After Alleged Social-Media Bomb Threat - Finance 50+

Afghan Man Charged in Texas After Alleged Social-Media Bomb Threat

Federal and state investigators have arrested an Afghan national in Fort Worth, Texas, who is accused of using social media to threaten a bombing in the city, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said.

Mohammad Dawood Alokozay was taken into custody on Tuesday, Nov. 25, by agents from the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Joint Terrorism Task Force. Court records show he is being held at the Tarrant County Corrections Center on a state charge of making terroristic threats. Authorities have not released bond information, and court filings did not list an attorney representing him.

According to DHS Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin, Alokozay allegedly posted a video on TikTok in which he claimed he was “building a bomb” and referenced a target in the Fort Worth area. Investigators have not publicly detailed the type of device he purportedly described or disclosed whether any explosive materials were found. McLaughlin announced the arrest Saturday on social media, noting that Immigration and Customs Enforcement has lodged an immigration detainer with the jail.

The threat surfaced amid heightened security concerns nationwide. One day after Alokozay’s arrest, two District of Columbia National Guard members were shot in Washington, D.C. The suspect in that separate incident, 29-year-old Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, has been charged with first-degree murder following the death of U.S. Army Specialist Sarah Beckstrom. Investigators in both cases have not indicated any connection between the two men.

Prosecutors in Texas allege that Alokozay’s social-media post constituted a direct threat to detonate an explosive device in a populated area. Under state law, a conviction for making terroristic threats can carry a sentence of up to 10 years in prison, depending on a range of factors including intent and potential harm. Additional federal charges remain possible as the investigation continues.

The FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force, which led the arrest operation alongside state authorities, is composed of federal, state, and local law-enforcement personnel who investigate threats of violent extremism. The agency states that disrupting potential attacks before they occur is a primary mission of its counterterrorism program; the FBI outlines that mission on its official website.

Officials have not released details about Alokozay’s immigration status or length of time in the United States. The ICE detainer signals that the agency intends to assume custody if he is released from state detention. A spokesman for the Tarrant County Corrections Center declined to comment beyond confirming the arrest and current booking status.

The Fort Worth Police Department said it is working with federal partners to assess any local threats but added that no specific buildings were evacuated following the TikTok post. City officials reported normal operations throughout the week and stated that no credible bomb devices had been discovered within municipal limits.

Publicly available court documents indicate the alleged social-media post was uploaded less than 24 hours before the arrest. Investigators have not revealed whether the video was flagged by platform moderators, reported by users, or discovered through other monitoring methods. TikTok representatives have not commented on the case.

Afghan Man Charged in Texas After Alleged Social-Media Bomb Threat - Imagem do artigo original

Imagem: Internet

The arrest occurs during a period of increased federal focus on social-media-based threats. DHS and the FBI have repeatedly warned that online platforms are being used to disseminate violent rhetoric and inspire lone-actor attacks. In recent advisories, the agencies have urged the public to report suspicious digital content in the same manner as physical threats.

In Washington, prosecutors are moving forward with murder charges against Lakanwal, who allegedly opened fire on the National Guard members in a parking lot near the D.C. Armory on Wednesday, Nov. 26. The Guard personnel were off duty at the time. Authorities said the motive remains under investigation. While both suspects are Afghan nationals, law-enforcement officials emphasized that the Texas and D.C. cases are separate and that no broader coordinated activity has been identified.

Alokozay is scheduled to appear in a Tarrant County courtroom next week for a preliminary hearing. Prosecutors are expected to outline additional evidence supporting the terroristic-threat charge. If convicted, he could face incarceration followed by potential removal proceedings initiated by ICE.

Neither DHS nor local investigators have said whether additional suspects are being sought in connection with the Fort Worth threat. Authorities continue to examine Alokozay’s online footprint to determine whether he had contact with any extremist organizations or received assistance in planning an attack.

Residents with information about the incident have been encouraged to contact the Texas Department of Public Safety or the FBI’s Dallas Field Office. Officials reiterated that all credible threats reported to law enforcement will be investigated promptly.

Crédito da imagem: Tarrant County Corrections Center


Warning: Undefined array key "fotoAutor" in /home/u965740978/domains/trance369.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/temaNota10/single.php on line 443
About the Author
John Carter

Warning: Undefined array key "DescricaoAutor" in /home/u965740978/domains/trance369.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/temaNota10/single.php on line 463

You Are Here: